In the modern era, our food choices are driven more by convenience and a modern fast-paced lifestyle, than by our body’s requirements for maintaining optimum health. Our body requires different types of vitamins and minerals (micronutrients) that are crucial for development and preventing diseases. The human body does not produce these micronutrients, so you have to get them from your diet. But simple as that sounds, it isn’t so easy any more. In fact, even when one makes the most health-conscious decisions about what to eat, fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins, no longer supply the abumdance of micronutrients they once did, due to soil depletion, forced ripening and other “modern” agricultural techniques.
That’s why some form of dietary supplements are now recommended by most physicians and nutritionalists for developing children, prime of life adults leading a hectic life and seniors desirous of maximizing enjoyment of their twilight years. Dietary supplements, as the name implies, contains dietary ingredients that need to be consumed to supplement the diet. Dietary supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, enzymes, and other substances that improve our diet. Dietary supplements are available as pills, capsules, powder, liquids, soft-gels, gel-caps, and even as energy bars. Majority of individuals in US take dietary supplements everyday or occasionally. Very popular dietary supplements include vitamin-D and E; calcium, iron; herbs like Echinacea, garlic and special products like glucosamine, pro-biotics and fish oil.
TRUUTH- The truthful dietary supplement!
Today there are thousands of nutritional supplements available in the market. There comes a challenge while selecting the best supplement which is safe and effective. There are chances of getting sucked in by low prices and marketing promises, yet it is important to identify the product which full fills your needs as optimum health begins with complete nutrition.
Truuth is that Indian brand of vitamin and mineral supplements you can rely on, for safety, purity, and efficacy. The wide range of products coming from the brand ‘Truuth’ are formulated to address the nutritional requirements of all the age groups and all demographic at affordable range. The availability of various ranges of different formulations which are built on the bedrock of nutritional science appear tailor-made to your needs. Truuth promises a healthier you with more energy and less illness. Try Truuth, feel the difference in just 30 days!
Why do you need Dietary Nutritional Supplements?
Getting all your nutrients only from food is fine in theory, but virtually impossible in practice.
1. Junk food generation- The present generation are hooked to pizza, burger, noodles, and the likes of it. These food items are high in satisfaction index, but quite low in their nutritive value. The implication of being a junk food eater is deficiency of micronutrients. Expecting them to change overnight into healthy eaters is not a practical solution; dietary supplements may help here to prevent nutritional deficiencies.
2. Suboptimal quality of the produce- The agricultural produce is not of the same quality as it was few decades ago. The use of genetically modified seeds, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers has increased the volume of the produce, but has caused a significant decrease in the nutrient density of the food items. Many of these chemicals often render the nutrient unavailable for absorption in the gut. Even the soil quality is not appropriate. The produce grown on nutrient-less soil will definitely not be rich in nutrients. We do not have much control over these factors, but we can save ourselves from being deprived of the essential nutrients by consuming a supplement.
3. Distance from the source of the produce- We all like to stay in the metro cities, which provides us with all facilities and luxuries. In the bargain, we are distanced from the nature. The food items reach us after travelling a distance of many miles and over many days. Would the food items be able to retain their nutritive values for so many days after being removed from their plants or trees? It’s a food for thought! We would make a fool of ourselves if we believe that we eat healthy balanced diet.
4. Loads of stress- We human being were never as stressed as we are now! Job, relationships, lifestyle are the common reasons for the stress. Stress increases our need for nutrition. The kind of diet that we used many years ago was adequate for the stress levels at those times; but no longer. The nutritional demand on the body due to this stress cannot be met through the daily diet, we need something more.
Depending on food for all the nutrients is a bad idea. Research says that at least half of children worldwide (ages 6 months to 5 years) suffer from one or more micronutrient deficiency, and globally more than 2 billion people are affected.
Nutritional enthusiasts are more interested in the concepts of “Nutritionism” (the ideology that states, foods are nothing more than the sum of their individual nutrients). Being an intuitive or restrictive eater may help you to maintain a balance between calorie intake and calories spent, but this may sometimes leave you malnourished as ‘low-calorie diets are low nutrient diets.’ There is no such thing called ‘Perfect diet’ which can provide you with all the essential nutrients, as we all are unique, with precise differences in genetics, body type, culture, and the environment. All these factors greatly affect which type of diet and nutrient supplementation we should take to maintain our nutritional status.
Aging is a natural process which may interfere with the nutrient absorption increasing your daily need for nutrients. If there are supplements than can delay aging and provide necessary nutrition as per your requirement, why not take them?
Benefits of dietary supplements
It is actually difficult to get all the required nutrients from food unless they are used fresh and cooked as a wholesome meal regularly. We miss many essential nutrient, here comes the role of dietary supplements that make up for what we lack in our diet. If a person is not getting enough nutrients from his/her diet, then a dietary supplement may help him/her to get the missed nutrition. There are many scientific evidences that show that some dietary supplements are beneficial for overall health and some are helpful to manage health conditions. For instance,
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements are helpful in maintain bone health and prevent bone loss
- Vitamin A supports vision and growth of bone
- Vitamin E boosts immune system and repairs any damage in the DNA
- Vitamin C helps absorption of iron and helps in wound healing
- Vitamin B12 helps our body make red blood cells
- Folic acid supplement in women reduces the risk of birth defects in the baby
- Omega 3-fatty acid from fish oils helps to cure heart disease in many people
- Potassium helps proper kidney function
- Dietary supplement helps pregnant women to get extra calcium and iron
- Dietary supplement helps vegetarians to get the missed nutrients
- Dietary supplement helps people with medical conditions like deficiency diseases, absorption problem, and lactase intolerance